ADD International’s vision is a world where all disabled people can enjoy equality within an inclusive society. We want our website to reflect this, therefore we are committed to making this website and related media accessible by all users using all technologies.
BBC My Web My Way explains the many ways you can change your browser, computer, keyboard and mouse settings to make the web more accessible to you.
You can also find general help with the internet at www.bbc.co.uk/webwise
We strive to uphold the principles and best practice of the WCAG 2.0 A guidelines wherever possible, extending to AA and AAA as much as we can. Our main objective is to implement real world accessibility, resulting in people with impairments finding our site accessible and usable in practice. Accessibility training is compulsory for everyone who uploads content to the ADD International website and will ensure all web editors understand our legal, moral and practical responsibilities towards users with disabilities.
Key accessibility and usability features.
- Clear and consistent layout and design
- Multiple methods of navigation including sitemap and search facility
- Large buttons, easily identifiable links and form fields
- Easy to read font size and colour contrast
- Clear and simple language
- Keyboard accessible navigation. All functionality can be controlled through a keyboard interface. Skip from link to link using the TAB key. The active link will be highlighted. To move backwards, hold down SHIFT and press the TAB key. Please ENTER to go to the active link.
- Alternative options to provide information including video and downloadable documents
- We use PDFs on our site to display digital documents that retain the original format of the publication. You need a PDF reader to view them; if you haven’t got a reader on your computer you can download a free one from the internet, for example Adobe Reader
- Provide meaningful ALT text for all images. If the image is merely decorative, the alt text will either be excluded or contain the shortest possible description.
Contact us about the website.
0300 303 8835