About ADD International.
For over 32 years ADD International has been supporting some of the world’s most remarkable disability activists working on the frontline of discrimination. We give them and their organisations the tools and resources to build powerful movements for change; and we make sure their voices are heard by global leaders and people with the power to make real change.
ADD International is an ally to the global disability movement and we partner with disabled people’s organisations and disability activists in Africa and Asia to help them access the tools, resources and support they need to build powerful movements for change. Movements that will achieve a vision of a world where all disabled people are free from discrimination and oppression and have full equality within an inclusive society.
The internship programme.
The aim of the internship is to provide young people with disabilities, particularly women, with an opportunity to experience working in an INGO environment, develop their leadership capacities and creativity and explore the future direction of their leadership and activism. Part of their role within the ADD International office will include peer research. Interns will receive training to enable them to do this and will be supported throughout the process.
A key part of the internship will be support to not only share but also develop and build up their own ideas for activism.
An individualized on-going support programme and mentorship for each intern will be provided by ADD staff as well as key resource people identified from outside ADD, who will help the interns explore and test ideas and develop skills they see as important in their future leadership journey.
The ideal candidate.
- Tanzanian young persons with disability aged below 30 years;
- Committed to working with persons with disabilities and related networks, especially young women with disabilities;
- Respect for, and understanding of, diverse points of view;
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work under own initiative, often unsupervised; Highly motivated, self starter;
- Creative thinker;
- Quick learner;
- Knowledge in smartphone use and basic computer application (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel).
For full details on the role and what is required please see the job description.
How to Apply.
Interested applicants should send the following:
- A motivation letter (max 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages)
- The names, contact numbers, and addresses of 2 referees
- Applicants are allowed to submit their application in any other alternative format they prefer (example: in Braille format)
- Girls/Women with disability are particularly encouraged to apply
- Indicate disability type and facilities he/she/they may need during the interview
Address this to:
The Country Director
ADD International Tanzania (Action on Disability and Development)
Plot No. 556, House No. MKC/MCB/84, Viongozi Road Mikocheni B.
P.O. BOX 33659, Dar es Salaam
OR to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 19th October 2021
- Interviews will be held w/b 25th October 2021
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We are unfortunately only able to reply to those shortlisted.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Read our policy here.
The nature of ADD’s work is as an ally to the global disability movement promoting the rights of all people with disabilities. It does mean that our staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers may come into contact with children and vulnerable adults in some capacity or another. ADD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers to share this commitment. For more information on this please see the safeguarding pages on our website.
ADD International is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Read our policy here.